Stay connected to your health information with MyChart
MyChart™ is a free, secure online tool providing patients access to medical records and personal health information —helping them make more informed decisions about care. Norfolk General Hospital is providing this service to help current and former patients from having to come to the hospital, which is especially important during the pandemic.
MyChart™ Health Information
- With a MyChart™ account, patients have access to health records anytime, anywhere. Including:
• Personal and family health details (including allergies and current medications)
• Online appointment requests
• Online patient questionnaires
• Clinic visit notes*
• Radiology* (i.e. CT, MRI, X-Rays, Ultrasounds)
• Personal address book, compiled by the patients – physicians, caregivers, labs, clinics, etc.
• Personal diary and personal tools
• Labs* (i.e. Hematology, Microbiology, Blood Bank).
• Links to relevant disease-specific information and online events
• Personalized health information (e.g. FAQs on procedures, etc.
*Certain conditions/delays may apply
Is MyChart™ secured?
MyChart™ uses the same encryption as banks do for online banking. MyChart™ complies with applicable privacy laws.
You can enroll online at the myChart website (click here) You can also enroll in person without an appointment at Norfolk General Hospital at any desk displaying the MyChart™ logo, or at our patient registration desk, on Level 1 at the emergency department. As part of the enrollment process, you will need to:
1. Provide your personal email address after giving your consent to the Patient Registration staff to initiate the enrolment
2. Follow the instructions in the notification that is emailed to you to complete your enrolment at MyChart.ca
3. Log into MyChart™ to access your personal information
MyChart™ Technical Support