Social Media Policy
Norfolk General Hospital values open discussion with the public and encourages you to engage with our social media accounts. We look forward to reading your comments. When submitting content to any of Norfolk General Hospital’s social media channels, please be aware that your information will be available to the public and potentially viewed by a wide range of audiences.
To create a safe, positive and engaging environment for all users on our Norfolk General Hospital social media accounts, we ask all individuals to treat each other with kindness and to respect our guidelines. Members of the Norfolk General Hospital’s Communications team will moderate all comments posted on our social media accounts. We reserve the right to remove comments that we deem inappropriate and to block access to repeat offenders.
- Personal attacks, harassment, aggressive behaviour and name calling.
- Comments that are threatening, obscene, profane and that contain hate speech, degrade others or are deemed abusive.
- Statement that are libelous, such as allegations of criminal activity or comments that unfairly harm the reputation of a person or organization.
- Use of an offensive username.
- Trolling or repetitive, off-topic posts.
- Content that is unrelated to the post.
- Misrepresentation of the content – must comply with copyright laws and intellectual property rights
- Impersonation or false claims to represent a person or organization.
- Content that breaks the law or encourages others to do so.
- Personal information such as private health information and contact information related to the poster or others.
- Commercial links for the purpose of sales or advertising.
If you have any questions about our social media policy – or you have a story to tell through Norfolk General Hospital’s social media channels – contact Aaron Gautreau, Director of Communications at Public Relations at email@example.com.
NGH has corporate accounts on all major social media platforms:
- Facebook (@NGHSimcoe)
- Instagram (@Norfolkgeneralhospital)
- Twitter (@NGHSimcoe)
- Youtube (@NorfolkGeneralHospitalSimcoe)
- LinkedIn (Norfolk General Hospital)
Like and follow us, and share our content!