Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home
The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home is an important component of the health care system in our community. It is an 80-bed facility attached to the hospital, giving residents access to the full services and care provided by the hospital. Our residents receive nursing and personal care by Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
- Our Vision: To exceed expectations of our residents and their families
- Our Mission: Enriching lives with dignity, care and compassion
- Values that Guide Us:
The NHNH is a personable, welcoming building featuring:
- 4 Private Rooms, 10 Semi-Private Rooms and 14 ward rooms
- A "least restraint" facility with key pad access
- Transition room for varying levels of care
- Library, Sunrooms, TV Areas
The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home works with the hospital and other professionals to provide top-notch health services, including:
Medical care provided by your own physician or our Medical Director
Immediate access to emergency medical care 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Registered Dietitian
- Medication services
- Certified wound care specialist on site
- Palliative care
- Physiotherapy/ Restorative/ Occupational/ Speech Therapy services onsite
- Immediate access to extensive diagnostic services (laboratory, x-ray, CT scan, etc.)
NHNH provides residents with supports and services to ensure the residents’ living experience is rich and fulfilling. Some of the services offered at the home include:
- Assistance with the activities of daily living
- Pastoral services, including weekly interdenominational church services and Chaplain on-call service
- Social Work services
- Well balanced meals and refreshments that accommodate unique dietary requirements
- Wide variety of daily social and recreational programs
- Residents' council
- Family council
- Hairdresser and beauty salon
- Monthly visits by pet therapy dogs
- Access to a wheelchair van
There are also a number of paid services available such at professional foot care services, dental services, clothing valet services, private personal telephone service and cable TV.
You can learn more about life at NHNH through Noteable News, the Official Newsletter of The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home.
Opened in 1975, the Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home is a publicly owned, non-profit facility. A member of AdvantAge Ontario, NHNH is fully accredited by Accreditation Canada. The Nursing Home receives funding from Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Local Health Integration Network and is governed by a Board of Trustees.
Director of Care
Assistant Director of Care
519-426-0130 ext 1287
(519) 426-0130 ext. 1270
Linda Schaeffer/Erica Reicheld
(519) 426-0130 ext. 1455
Board of Trustees:
Nancy Patterson, President/Cahir
Jody Mahoney, Vice President and Vice Chair
Jacqueline Newton, Treasurer
Pat Ostapchuk, Past President, Past Chair
Ex Officio Members:
Todd Stepanuik, President & CEO
Dan Hill, Vice President – Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Vicky Florio, Director of Care NHNH
For questions regarding the Board, please contact Kim Stanley, Administrative Assistant, at
(519) 426-0130 ext. 1270.
Application for admission into a provincially regulated long-term care home can only be made through Home and Community Care Support Services ((HCCSS).
Admissions to The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home are arranged through the Hamilton-Niagara-Haldimand-Brant (HNHB) Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS).
Please call the HHCCSS at (519) 426-7400 or 1 (800) 265-8068 or visit their website for more information.
Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home Financial Statements for: