The laboratory at NGH offers urgent and emergent laboratory testing services to meet the needs of patients.
Services are provided by a team of eight medical laboratory technologists (MLT), 10 medical laboratory assistants (MLA), two clerical staff and a pathologist/medical director. The experienced staff utilizes modern technologies and methodologies to provide patient test results in the following disciplines:
- Transfusion Medicine
- Stress Testing
Esoteric and low volume testing needs as well as Microbiology service is provided by other laboratory partners within our Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), and Public Health Laboratories.
The lab at NGH is fully staffed from 07:00am to 12:00pm Monday-Friday and 07:00am to 11:00pm weekends and holidays. Call back services are offered when the lab is not staffed.
For more information, please contact
Director, Clinical Diagnostic Services
519-426-0130 ext. 1225
Laboratory services are recognized and accredited by a number of different organization:
- Ontario Medical Association Certificate of Accreditation
- Ministry of Health and Long-Term care Laboratory License
- Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science web-site http://www.csmls.org
- College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario http://www.cmlto.com/
- Ontario Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists http://www.osmt.org