Holmes House provides a 21-day, structured program designed to involve clients in their recovery. Residential beds are available to those in need. Those within commuting distance may attend from their residence daily throughout the 3-week program providing they have a safe environment that is conducive to recovery. Counselling is provided in both individual and group settings. The primary focus areas are:
- Anger, resentments & coping skills
- Dealing with guilt & shame
- Healthy relationships/Dealing with family violence
- Communication skills/Boundaries
- Finding motivation
- Concurrent disorders/Mental wellness
- Dealing with post-acute withdrawal
- 12-step Introduction
- Relapse prevention
- Grief management
- Stress management
- Mindfulness meditation/Spirituality
- Emotional awareness
- Addressing childhood trauma
- Individual counselling
For maximum exposure to all means of support and recovery, clients are required to attend recovery meetings during the program. Prior to acceptance to the Holmes House Treatment program, a standardized assessment completed with an Addiction Counsellor must be received to determine client suitability.
Caroline Bancarz email@example.com
Here at Holmes House Treatment Services we have strived to respond to the ever changing and constantly shifting societal landscape of the global pandemic. COVID has forced us all to adapt, and adapt quickly. As a result of the alterations we have been required to make in response to this, our 18-day treatment program has been modified. We are no longer holding treatment groups on-site at Holmes House. Instead we have re-located to a local hotel in Simcoe. Clients have their own rooms. The groups are held in a conference room and conducted according to the current pandemic safety recommendations. Physical distancing is observed and so is the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). Below are some of the salient features of our current structure:
• Clients have their own room. (No visitors allowed)
• The program is abstinence based. Clients must be substance free for a minimum of a week prior to the commencement of the program, and abstinent while in it.
• A COVID test must be done within 7 days from when the program starts (test must be negative. The test cannot be older than 7 days).
• There is NO supervision during the week after 4pm and NO supervision on weekends.
• All meals are catered.
• Clients on methadone, suboxone and Sublocade are accepted.
• Clients may be asked for random urine samples, breathalyzer samples and room-checks while in program.
• 10pm curfew (must be on hotel property, stepping out for a smoke or some fresh air is allowed as long as it’s on the property).
• There is a licensed restaurant at the hotel (We realize this is not ideal, but it is what we have to work with).
Keeping these guidelines in mind please make referrals to Holmes House accordingly. Clients with some sobriety, a treatment program already completed, or who are looking for a refresher are ideal for the program. Clients who are unstable and require more support will be better served by a more structured/supervised facility. Thank you for your understanding during these difficult times, we hope to have a more dynamic and closely monitored program soon. Stay tuned!!
Holmes House treatment staff