COVID-19 Assessment Centre closed for the Easter long weekend
The Norfolk General Hospital (NGH) COVID-19 Assessment Centre will be closed on Good Friday (April 15), Saturday (April 16) and Easter Monday (April 18). The Assessment Centre will re-open on Tuesday, April 19.
NGH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre offers:
- COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testsfor eligible groups, as determined by the Ontario government.
As of April 11, these groups can also get a COVID-19 PCR test and assessment:
- Individuals aged 18 and older who are immunocompromised (have an immune system that is weakened by a health condition or medications);
- Individuals aged 70 and older;
- Individuals aged 60 and older with less than three vaccine doses; and
- Individuals aged 18 and older with less than three vaccine doses and at least one risk condition (e.g., a chronic medical condition)
PCR tests are available by appointment and walk-in. Appointments are prioritized. We encourage you to make an appointment in advance whenever possible.
To schedule a COVID-19 test, make an appointment online.
Getting tested is one of the most effective strategies to minimize the spread of COVID-19.