What is Digital Health?
Digital health is transforming the landscape of healthcare in Canada. Care providers can now use technology and automation to treat patients virtually, access patient health records sooner and consult more efficiently with other providers. Patients are now able to have more control over their health journey and access information in real-time.
This improvement in care delivery and efficiency is why the Brantford Brant Norfolk OHT is continuously working towards a more digitally enabled healthcare system in our community.
What is a patient portal?
A patient portal is a secure online website or app that gives you convenient, 24-hour access to your personal health information from anywhere with an Internet connection. Using a secure username and password, you can view your hospital health information electronically from participating organizations/sites across South Western Ontario.
New patient portal ConnectMyHealth!
What is ConnectMyHealth?
ConnectMyHealth is a digital health solution that provides you with an online, single access channel to view your health records from many hospitals in southwestern Ontario. ConnectMyHealth can be used on desktop and mobile devices from within Canada, and there’s no cost to use it. ConnectMyHealth is a web-based tool, so there is no app to download to access your account on an ongoing basis.
ConnectMyHealth lets you view your health information in real-time from participating healthcare organizations, and may include:
- Radiology reports, and where available, their corresponding images
- Cardiology-related reports, and where available, their corresponding images
- Laboratory test results
- Clinical reports, such as discharge summaries from hospital visits
- Select medication information
- Allergies documented during hospital visits
- Pathology and Genetics reports
- Details of past and upcoming hospital visits, where available
Other key features include:
- New Results Alerts: Subscribe to be notified by email when you’ve got new results available to view in ConnectMyHealth from select hospitals in Ontario Health West Region; your New Results page displays first when you log in, for quick and easy viewing
- Patient Dashboard: Customize your patient dashboard view by organizing the types of health records (modules) that are most important to you
To see a list of the types of health records that can be available to you using ConnectMyHealth, visit: Data Availability | ConnectMyHealth
Visit info.connectmyhealth.ca/register, and sign up today!
If you are 16 years of age or older, have a valid Ontario Health Card, and a unique email address (not shared with anyone else), you can register for a ConnectMyHealth account.
Once your account request has been successfully processed, please note you will need to download, at no cost, an Authenticator app (i.e. Google Authenticator, Authy, FreeOTP) as part of the account activation process, to support your Two-Step (Multi-Factor) Authentication during each login to ConnectMyHealth for added security.
For more information:
Talk to your Ontario Health Team or learn more here:
Email: email@example.com (do NOT include personal health information in your email please, but do include your preferred phone number in the event a ConnectMyHealth representative needs to speak with you)