The CT scanner is a doughnut shaped machine that uses advanced x-ray technology to take pictures of your body. CT can be used to see inside the brain and other parts of the body areas that cannot be seen with regular x-ray examinations.
How should I prepare?
- Bring the requisition and your health card to the Diagnostic Imaging Department to register for your test
- Register 15 minutes prior to your appointment time
- Follow all instructions on your requisition carefully
- Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking , if you have any allergies, and any special preparation required
- Inform your doctor and the technologist about any chance of pregnancy
- If you have a language/communication barrier, bring someone to assist you
- You may be asked to change into a gown – if you have trouble changing, please bring someone to assist you
- Avoid wearing jewelry. i.e. wearing a necklace for a chest x-ray. These items have to be removed so they do not interfere with the x-ray images
- Any questions or concerns, call 519-429-6974 (local)