REAL Healthcare & Physician Employment Opportunities
Opportunities to practice medicine in our corner of rural Ontario are interesting and varied, expenses are reasonable and our lifestyle is relaxed. Many GP's here also work in different areas such as anesthesia, emergency, palliative care, and obstetrics. Such varied practices are almost unheard of in larger centres. We invite you to come and meet with some of our physicians who will answer all your questions about setting up and building a medical practice in Norfolk County. Contact us today to start planning your visit.
Practicing in a smaller center like Simcoe and Norfolk County means you have to be resourceful and creative...finding your own solutions to challenges and being able to take on things that move you beyond your comfort level...that's part of the appeal!
Norfolk General Hospital has a proactive vision for the future and strong community support, raising over $500,000 annually from corporate sponsors and members of the community. It is also flexible in supporting physician practice opportunities.
The Delhi Community Health Centre was one of 52 centres across Ontario to pioneer the Community Family Health Team (FHT) concept in 2005. Today, the Delhi Community Health Centre's multidisciplinary FHT, consisting of doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and other allied healthcare professionals address the needs of a diverse community. Services offered through the FHT include social work, nutrition services, health promotion, chiropody and chronic disease management. Come for a visit, meet the team and let them show you our modern and professional facilities.
Large Enough to be Cutting Edge... Small Enough to be Remarkable
Norfolk General Hospital believes in the importance of investing in and implementing new technologies to improve patient care and access to information. Recent upgrades include:
- Electronic medical record keeping system (PIER): allows fast access to patient records from anywhere & collects workload data;
- Wireless tablets: view patient records at bedside;
- Wall-mounted screens;
- Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS):enables online viewing of x-rays & CT scans from home, office or hospital;
- Criti-Call: saves time and money since it allows physicians to quickly identify bed availability in nearby hospitals;
- 64-slice CT scanner
- Lorad MIV mammography equipment
- Portable x-ray with mobile C-arm
Appreciative & Accommodating
The people of Norfolk County genuinely appreciate the care they receive in their local hospital and healthcare centres. Patients make connections with their healthcare providers and are generous with their praise and appreciation.
The medical community of Norfolk goes out of its way to accommodate new practitioners. When Dr. Rohan Robertson, MD, FRCPC first arrived in the area she was welcomed by healthcare teams who met with her, showed her around the community and answered her questions. Additionally, the hospital pharmacist immediately ensured that her preferred patient medications were in stock.
We benefit from a strong network of healthcare professionals who believe in working together to create a supportive work environment for all. The result is an environment of collegiality.
Life • Work • Balance
It is no secret that working in the healthcare field is demanding work; both physically and mentally, and sometimes even emotionally. It is refreshing to know that at the end of a busy day in just a quick ten minutes, you can retreat home to a quiet place away from the cares of work.
A successful career while enjoying the things in life that are important to you: that's what healthcare and physician practice opportunities in Norfolk County offer. Contact us to arrange for a personal tour of our healthcare facilities and our communities.
Norfolk General Hospital supports lifelong learning though:
- On site clinical programs, such as recertification courses in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, neonatal resuscitation, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Clinical placements for students through ROMP and medical schools
- Partners with Laurentian University in distance learning
- Participation in the McMaster University Expanded Residency Program
- Placements for secondary schools and community colleges
- Emergency Department Mentorship Program