November 6, 2012
The Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) invites citizens to provide their feedback on the HNHB LHIN’s draft Strategic Health System Plan, which emerged from work through ACTION: A Call To Integration Now. The draft plan outlines the strategic direction for the health system over the next five years. Citizens are invited to respond to four questions that are posted on the HNHB LHIN website at www.hnhblhin.on.ca or click here to access the questions online:
1. Will this get us where we need to go?
2. Is there anything missing?
3. What advice would you give the LHIN CEO around this plan?
4. What role could you and other stakeholders play in implementing this plan?
A number of reference materials, including the draft plan, appendices, and a presentation made to the Board of Directors, are posted on the HNHB LHIN website to assist citizens in providing their feedback. These can be accessed by clicking here. Responses to the four questions will be accepted until Friday, November 16, 2012. For citizens without computer access, responses to the questions can be mailed to the HNHB LHIN office at 264 Main Street East, Grimsby, Ontario, L3M 1P8. Mailed responses must be received by Friday, November 16, 2012.
“We know people want a health system that is coordinated, of the highest quality and results in better outcomes for everyone. Through this feedback forum, citizens from across the HNHB LHIN community can have a voice in this transformation process.”
--Donna Cripps, Chief Executive Officer, HNHB LHIN
• The draft Strategic Health System Plan was received by the HNHB LHIN Board of Directors at its business meeting on October 30, 2012 and a final plan will go to the Board on December 12, 2012.
• Launched in early 2012, ACTION involves the expertise and involvement of key stakeholders working collaboratively to design a system that focuses on the person through quality outcomes, enhanced transitions of care, greater access, accountability, sustainability, and value for money.
• ACTION will inform the HNHB LHIN’s third iteration of its Integrated Health Strategic Plan (IHSP).
To learn more about the draft Strategic Health System Plan and ACTION, please visit www.hnhblhin.on.ca
Trish Nelson -- Director, Communications and Corporate Services
Tel: 905-945-4930 x4255 -- firstname.lastname@example.org