Showing thanks and celebrating nursing excellence at NGH-NHNH
|Bettyann DeRonde, Julie Kindy RN, Kim Mullins||Louesa Binkley, Bettyann DeRonde|
May 14, 2012
Simcoe, ON – The Health of our Nation, was the theme for this year’s Annual Nursing Week celebrations at Norfolk General Hospital and The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home May 7-11, reflecting the positive impacts nurses make in the lives and well-being of those in our community.
A celebratory kick-off breakfast launched the week’s festivities for all nursing staff on Monday May 7, followed by a mini-skills fair, detailed nursing unit displays were featured in the main Robinson street entrance and complimentary ice cream (courtesy of Unilever) was personally delivered to the nursing units by Kelly Isfan, NGH president and CEO along with other senior managers.
The week finished off with cupcakes in the cafeteria and the Nursing Excellence Awards presentations to one deserving Registered Nurse and one Registered Practical Nurse as voted by peers. “Norfolk County can feel very fortunate and proud of the nurses who work at NGH providing health care to our community. As such, each nurse is deserving of an award of excellence,” said Bettyann DeRonde, NGH, vice president patient care.
Colleagues describe the Registered Nurse chosen as the 2012 Award of Excellence Recipient as a Nurse who:
- Is always ready and willing to go above and beyond to help staff, patients and family
- Strives to make improvement for patients and staff
- Is very caring and compassionate. She always goes out of her way to help staff and patients and is a team player.
- Is a great teacher and always communicating well with fellow staff
- Kind and patient towards staff and patients
- Helpful to staffs needs
- Aware and accepting of best practice and nursing policies
This year’s award recipient is Julie Kindy, 3E RN. Congratulations Julie!
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) Award of Excellence is a Nurse who colleagues describe as:
- Very compassionate, takes the time to answers questions and comforts patients and family members in times of need
- Keeps a clean and well organized work area, restocks the med cart and takes pride in her work
- A team player who routinely provides her colleagues with assistance and sets things up for incoming shifts.
- A nurse who is interested in professional growth, who asks questions and continues to learn from others.
Congratulations to Louesa Binkley 3E, RPN
Norfolk General Hospital and The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home value the work of our nurses and knows that each one brings a special set of knowledge, experience and skill to the health care system. Congratulations to all of our nurses for a job well done. What you all do for this community is much appreciated.
Communications Development Officer
Norfolk General Hospital & Foundation
519-426-0130 Ext. 6977